Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Want to wrap up everything your students have learned so far this year in a nice little bow before they leave for Winter Break? This holiday task card set comes with 48 different cards to get your students up and moving while reviewing topics learned so far in Spanish 1. Students will be engaged as they complete various tasks on the festive included response sheet like conjugating regular and irregular verbs in the present tense, filling in the blank with the correct present tense form of the verb in parentheses, writing sentences from prompts given, answering multiple choice translation questions, writing numbers in Spanish, identifying times and school supplies from pictures given, and fixing the grammatically-incorrect sentences.
Check out the thumbnails and preview for a sampling of cards/materials included with this set. These cards come in two versions: full color and ink-friendly with a plain white background!
Here is a list of the topics covered in this set:
* Noun/adjective agreement
* Making nouns plural
Holiday task cards can be used in many different ways!
• Cut up and distribute around classroom (hang up on walls, scatter on desks, even hide for some extra fun). Have students go around with sheet and answer any 30 (or whatever number you want to give them). Makes for great review before a test!
• Use in conjunction with other activities during stations.
• Leave them hanging around the room and use them as a fast finisher activity when students are done with assignments
• If you have a document camera, you could show students a card and have them write answers on mini whiteboards and hold up, either individually or as a team.
• Extra five minutes left in class you hadn't planned on? Task cards always save the day! Pull out the task card set and use for a quick game, formative assessment, or rapid fire quiz for candy.
The possibilities are endless! Seven of my tried and true ways to use them in class are included!
Included with this set:
• Student response sheet
• 48 different task cards
• Ink-friendly version of the 48 cards with a plain white background
• 6 full color blank cards
• 6 ink-friendly blank cards
• Copy of my blog post in which I share seven of my favorite ways to use task cards in Spanish class!
• Answer key
There are also holiday task cards available for *Spanish 2*. Click the link to see them!
Do you need another holiday activity to keep your candy cane-hyped kids thinking about Spanish before break? Click HERE to see my other fun resources like Holiday Jeopardy-style Trivia Game for Spanish 1 Review , ¡Pesca! (Go Fish) with holiday vocabulary in Spanish, and color-by-verb-tense or subject coloring sheets.
Here are some things teachers have said about my task cards:
J.G.- I just did this activity for the first time on Thursday and I am so happy with the way it was received by the students! I allowed the students to use their notes if they wanted to, and only asked them to answer 30 out of the 48 questions in order to cut down on congestion in the room, (which is a constant issue with 32 students!) The students were engaged the entire time. I will definitely be back for some of the other tense cards!
T.H.- I absolutely LOVE your task cards! So many uses!!! Thank you!!!!
K.G.- Thanks so much for these cards! I bought them, made them and used them in class today already and it was a huge success. The kids loved the different style of working.
S.M.- Excellent resource as always! I know your tasks cards are always a favorite in my classroom!
M.N- I used this on a "stations day" with my students. They (and I) found it to be a very thorough review!
L.D.- My students have done this activity several times and they LOVE IT! I love seeing them having fun trying to get the answers fast and helping each other. Thank you!!!
K.L. This was the best way to review Spanish material. It was such a life saver. Thanks!
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new resources are posted or upcoming sales? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and new resources (except the already-discounted bundles) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click the green star by my store name to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my resource!
La Profe Plotts