This imperfect tense task card set has 48 different cards to get your students up and moving while getting a well-rounded review of the imperfecto. Students will be engaged as they complete various tasks on the included response sheet like conjugating verbs in the imperfect tense, filling in the blank with the correct imperfect form of the verb in parentheses, answering multiple choicequestions, rewriting incorrect sentences correctly, writing complete sentences from prompts given, and answering true or false questions based on their understanding of when the imperfect tense is used. Check out the thumbnails and preview for a sampling of cards/materials included with this set. These cards come in two versions: full color and ink-friendly with a plain white background!
Imperfect tense task cards can be used in many different ways!
• Cut up and distribute around classroom (hang up on walls, scatter on desks, even hide for some extra fun). Have students go around with sheet and answer any 30 (or whatever number you want to give them). Makes for great review before a test!
• For advanced learning or to differentiate, when students get to the fill-in-the-blank sentences, they need to write the missing verb AND why the imperfect is used with that past tense example (weather, telling time, two actions occurring simultaneously, etc.).
• Use in conjunction with other activities during stations.
• If you have a document camera, you could show students a card and have them write answers on mini whiteboards and hold up, either individually or as a team.
• Extra five minutes left in class you hadn't planned on? Task cards always save the day! Pull out the task card set and use for a quick game, formative assessment, or rapid fire quiz for candy.
The possibilities are endless!
• Student response sheet
• 48 different task cards
• Ink-friendly version of the 48 cards with a plain white background
• 6 full color blank cards
• 6 ink-friendly blank cards
• Copy of my blog post in which I share seven of my favorite ways to use task cards in Spanish class!
• Answer key
Students haven't learned the three irregular imperfect verbs yet? Click the link below to check out my 48 Imperfect Tense Task Cards set that only uses regular verbs.48 Imperfect Tense Task Cards (REGULAR VERBS ONLY!)
This set is included in my Spanish Task Cards MEGA Bundle which includes ALL of my task card sets. Save 25% off the list price when you buy the GROWING bundle! Click the link to see it!
Need another engaging imperfect tense product? Click HERE to see more great imperfect tense products! These task cards pair really well with my ¡Cucharas! Spoons Game for Imperfect Tense or Imperfect Tense Jeopardy-Style Trivia Game!
Click the links below to check out my other task card sets!
$$ This product is also included in my discounted PRETERITE AND IMPERFECT TENSES MEGA BUNDLE which can be found HERE! Task cards, games, and more! $$
Here are some things teachers have said about my task cards:
J.G.- I just did this activity for the first time on Thursday and I am so happy with the way it was received by the students! I allowed the students to use their notes if they wanted to, and only asked them to answer 30 out of the 48 questions in order to cut down on congestion in the room, (which is a constant issue with 32 students!) The students were engaged the entire time. I will definitely be back for some of the other tense cards!
T.H.- I absolutely LOVE your task cards! So many uses!!! Thank you!!!!
K.G.- Thanks so much for these cards! I bought them, made them and used them in class today already and it was a huge success. The kids loved the different style of working.
S.M.- Excellent resource as always! I know your tasks cards are always a favorite in my classroom!
M.N- I used this on a "stations day" with my students. They (and I) found it to be a very thorough review!
L.D.- My students have done this activity several times and they LOVE IT! I love seeing them having fun trying to get the answers fast and helping each other. Thank you!!!
K.L. This was the best way to review Spanish material. It was such a life saver. Thanks!
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new resources are posted or upcoming sales? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and new resources (except the already-discounted bundles) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click the green star by my store name to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my task cards!
La Profe Plotts