Are your students bored with the same old task cards? Are you tired of thinking of new word problems for task cards? Well, here's a solution to both problems!
These FILL IN THE BLANK task cards allow your students to control the level of difficulty for each word problem.
What do you need to do? Laminate these reusable task cards and you are done! YOUR STUDENTS DO THE REST OF THE WORK!
1. Once the cards are laminated, students use dry erase markers to fill in the blanks with a REASONABLE number.
2. Then students solve their own problems and record the answer on an answer sheet.
3. Next, students check their problems for accuracy.
4. Finally, each student will exchange his/her task cards with another student and then solve each other’s task card problems.
When done, students wipe the cards clean and they are ready to be used again.
Students can do all 20 problems or only a select number of problems.
Lots of fun, higher order thinking, problem solving, and computation practice! Challenge your students to challenge each other with their own problems!
Looking for more task cards? Check out these sets:
4th Grade Multi-Step Problem Solving Task Cards - Add, Subtract, Multiply. Aligned to STAAR and CCSS
4th Grade Differentiated Problem Solving Task Cards - Multiplication and Division. Aligned to STAAR and CCSS
4th Grade Differentiated Task Cards - Problem Solving with Elapsed Time - Aligned to STAAR and CCSS
4th Grade Mixed Review Task Cards - Set 1 - Aligned to STAAR and CCSS
4th Grade Math - Mixed Review Task Cards - Set 2 - Aligned to STAAR and CCSS
• 4.1 B – analyze given information, formulate a plan, determine solution, and justify solution
• 4.4 D – use strategies and algorithms to multiply 1 digit by up to 4 digits and 2 digit by 2 digit
• 4.4 H - solve one and two step problems with fluency
• 4.8 B – convert measurements
• 4. 8 C - solve problems that deal with measurements of length, intervals of time, and money using addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division as appropriate
4.OA.A.3 – solve multi-step word problems
4.NBT.B.5 – multiply 1 digit by up to 4 digits and 2 digits by 2 digits
4.MD.A.1 - use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money