Also included in
- This 4th Grade Guided Math bundle includes everything you need to teach math in your fourth grade classroom. It includes daily materials, enough for you to use this as your math curriculum! Lesson plans are standards based and have a specific, achievable objective for each day. Units include pre and$96.00$152.00Save $56.00
Make teaching adding and subtracting fractions fun with this 4th grade hands-on math unit! Get games, worksheets, and lesson plans for teaching standards 4.NF.3 and 4.NF.5. Your students will learn about
- adding fractions using picture models and number lines,
- decomposing fractions into an addition equation,
- writing improper fractions and mixed numbers,
- as well as adding improper fractions and mixed numbers.
- They'll also learn to subtract fractions and solve word problems.
✏️What's included in this adding and subtracting fractions unit:✏️
- Unit overview that shows which lesson is being taught each day
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards that help your students learn new vocabulary and incorporate it into their math conversations
- Questioning Cards to guide your lesson and group conversations
- Printables including posters, templates, manipulatives, and other tools to support your instruction
- •2 weeks of adding and subtracting lesson plans that are teacher and student-friendly and are fully editable so you can adjust them to meet the needs of your students
- Problem of the Day in four different formats!
- Daily worksheets that are a quick check of the lesson taught each day. Each day 5 practice page is a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as formative assessment.
- Daily center activities that provide fun and engaging extra practice
- Additional resources including extra games, interactive notebooks and other resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit that use similar problems so you can directly gauge student growth
- Answer keys for the assessments and practice pages to save you precious time!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐By far the most useful math resource I have purchased this year. As a first year teacher without curriculum I struggled at the beginning of the year to effectively teach math in a small group setting. This resource changed all that. I love that it breaks it down into very small steps which allows my kids to be successful. Awesome product!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Well designed, clear and easy to understand lessons.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Easy to use, breaks down concepts into easy to understand steps.
This is the ninth unit of 4th Grade Guided Math. This unit is focused on adding and subtracting fractions. (4.NF.3,5) (TEKS 4.3B,E,F--download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a two week long unit.
4th Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF's included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
Get Digital Companions To Use Along With These Guided Math Units!
©Thrifty in Third Grade
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED