Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
26.45 MB | 100 pages
Over a 100 page American History unit to provide an interactive differentiated student notebook, pre, formative, and post assessments, study sheets, flash cards, leveled crossword puzzles, vocabulary words for word wall, student and parent resources, a personal timeline project rubric, and more.
Standards taught: (based on Ohio 2012 4th grade standards)
1- The order of significant events can be shown on a timeline.
2- Primary and secondary sources can be used to create historical narratives.
3- Various groups of people have lived in America over time including prehistoric and historic American Indians, migrating settlers and immigrants. Interactions among these groups have resulted in both cooperation and conflict.
4- The 13 colonies came together around a common cause of liberty and justice, uniting to fight for independence during the American Revolution and to form a new nation.
5- The Northwest Ordinance established a process for the creation of new states and specific democratic ideals to be incorporated in the states of the Northwest Territory.-- notebook pages for other territories could be made if requested.
6- The inability to resolve standing issues with Great Britain and ongoing conflicts with American Indians led the United States into the War of 1812. Victory in the Battle of Lake Erie contributed to American success in the war.
7- Sectional issues divided the United States after the War of 1812, particularly with the anti-slavery movement and the Underground Railroad.
Microsoft Word Content (completely editable):
* 2 quizzes (with pre-assessments) and a unit test (with answer keys)
* Study sheets using a an elementary format to the Cornell note-taking method
* Leveled crossword puzzles for study sheet vocabulary
* Flash cards (made with Excel)
* Vocabulary words for a word wall display
* Study log sheets (Includes suggestions for parents and students for home practice. Parents sign to show extra credit practice done at home)
* Parent "Important Notice" letters to inform them of low grades and practice that can be done at home.
* Personal Timeline Project Rubric (includes sample timeline and an alternative assignment for a lower grade for students that fail to complete the original project)
PDF of differentiated student interactive notebooks for each quiz content. Each activity comes in 2-3 levels. Suggestions are included on how I set up flexible level grouping based on pre and formative assessment data. Notebook pages can be printed as worksheets or cut and glued to fit inside a notebook.
Smart Board copy of all student notebook sheets with answers to fill in covered.