This two-week lesson plan pack comes with printables, online activities, and digital versions of practice that will help your fourth graders review what they learned in third grade. It also includes Google Slideshows already prepared (and pdf digital versions as well) so you can use in an online classroom.
This unit was designed as a beginning-of-the-year review for incoming fourth-grade students. It addresses these critical focus areas in math for third grade:
Understanding multiplication and division strategies:
• Representing and solving problems involving multiplication and division.
• Understanding properties of multiplication and the relationship between multiplication and division.
• Multiplying and dividing within 100.
Developing an understanding of fractions:
• Using fractions along with visual models to represent parts of a whole, relative to the size of the whole
• Solving problems that involve comparing fractions
• Measuring the area of a shape by finding the total number of units
• Composing and decomposing rectangular arrays and connect it to multiplication
Describing and analyzing 2D shapes:
• Comparing and classifying shapes by their sides and angles
• Expressing parts of shapes as unit fractions of the whole