Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- Are you tired of looking all over the place for everything you need for guided reading? Is meeting the common core requirements keeping you up nights? If so, then this resource is your answer! Almost 800 pages to help you set up, run, document and lead your students to reading mastery! Everything yo$59.99$78.00Save $18.01
Make meeting the common core just a little easier (and more fun) with this Language Arts common core task card bundle. Meet most of the common core standards in language, informational text, and literature! Save when you buy the bundle!
Also included in this bundle are three games, one for each resource. This makes the resources more useful in centers, stations, and partner games.
By purchasing this bundle of all three resources, you are SAVING 20% off of the individual price per resource.
Each resource includes a 36 task card resource focusing on 3 different areas of the language arts curriculum: language, literature and informational text.
To get a better idea of what's included in this bundle, check out the individual write-ups for each resource:
Task cards can be used in many different ways:
1. Centers and/or stations…since task cards can be done in any
order, they are easy to share.
2. In pairs or small groups
3. Whole class
a. Quick review before going home, or to specials
b. Teacher reads question, students write answers on white
c. Use as an assessment. Task cards don’t feel like a test, so
test phobic students are more relaxed.
4. Independent work at seats
5. Send home for homework as reinforcement for students
6. Test Prep
7. Games..Use game boards and dice. Place task cards upside down above game board. As students move around board they must answer task card questions. Partners use the grading key to tell if the answer is correct. Student may only move if the answer is correct.
8. Scoot...Give one answer sheet and one task card per student. Give students 30 seconds to answer their task card question on the answer sheet. Set timer for 30 seconds again and say, "Scoot". Student leaves his/her card on their desk and move to the next seat to answer that question. When the timer dings say, "Scoot" again and students move to next seat until all cards are answered on the answer sheet.
9. Scavenger Hunt...Hide cards around the classroom. Give each student one answer sheet. Students search for cards and answer them as they are found.
10. Jenga...Number Jenga blocks to 36 (or less if you wish). Students play in groups of three-four and take turns pulling them out. Students all answer the task card number on each block on their answer sheet until the Jenga blocks tumble.
11. Exit ticket...Pass one task card to each student plus one sticky note. Students answer on the sticky note and place on board on the way out the door.
Buyers also have access to the TPT digital Overlay for each resource. Click on the "Use as a Buyer" red box to access this digital version. The "Use as a Buyer" box is NOT on this page. To access the "Use as a Buyer" button and the digital overlay, click on each individual resource in this bundle. This will take you to each individual product page. On this page you will see the "Use as a Buyer" button under the price of the resource. Teachers will be able to edit the directions to customize the resource if needed, add more pages from the original resource and more.
This set includes:
- Table of Contents for each resource
- Standards Correlation for each resource
- Teacher Notes
- A total of 108 task cards (36 for each resource)
- Task Card Cover Sheets
- 3 Games
If you would like more information on each resource (including specific standards met) please click below:
PowerPoints of each of these resources are also available in my store
Comments about this resource include:
Incredible resource for task cards-great way to start collecting if you are just entering the task card world!
Thanks so much for spending the time to do this! I teach 4th grade and have searched a long time for thorough task cards that cover a wide range of standards to use for test prep. These are awesome! Thank you for bundling the sets together.
These cards came in handy for centers! Evoked lots of good conversations among my students.
About this Teacher Author
National Board Certified Teacher (2001-2011), Masters in Curriculum, Gifted Certified, Cobb County Elementary Teacher of the Year, Addison Elementary Teacher of the Year, Bullard Elementary Teacher of the Year, Atlanta Journal and Constitution Honor Teacher finalist ($5000 award), District 3 Georgia Science Teacher of the Year, Author of seven books published by The Child's World Press, Wrote online k-12 social studies and language arts curriculum for Coca Cola, curriculum writer for CNN, curriculum writer for American Legacy Publishers 2009-2014, 25 years teaching experience in grades 1st-4th.
If you would like notices of new resources, and receive 1/2 off for the first 48 hours after launch, click on the "follow me" button next to the green star.
4h Grade Common Core Reading Task Cards by Jan Bernard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License