All standards for reading are addressed! The research behind "Interactive Notebooks" supports implementation in the classroom as it is proven that students will refer to the notebook as an anchor. The instructional practice by the teacher to support the promise to cover Common Core standards utilizing this researched based strategy proves fruitful for your students, parents and administrators. The benefits from implementing Interactive Notebooks in your classroom include a place for students to organize standards and the value student ownership of the tool. You, as the teacher, have a way to reach multiple intelligences by implementing a readers notebook in your classroom.
All anchor charts, flip-up, and flap-book are composition notebook ready.
The tools presented in this notebook cover the following skills.
- RL.4.1 Making Inferences (Anchor Chart and Flap-book)
- RL.4.2 Themes (Anchor Chart and Flapbook) Summary (Checklist & Anchor Chart)
- RL.4.3 Characterization with specific differentiation for feelings and traits. Character, Setting, and Plot (5 notebook ready posters)
- RL.4.4 Using context clues anchor chart. Words and phrases anchor chart. 2 Idiom foldables and 1 envelope template with words and phrases that allude to mythological characters.
- RL.4.5 Refer to prose, dramas and poems (anchor chart and flip-ups for each prose, poem, & drama)
- RL.4.6 Point of view (anchor chart and foldable)
- RL.4.7 Text and drama visuals (3 anchor charts to differentiate text and drama)
- RL.4.9 Compare and contrast themes (2 anchor charts and 1 quest elements)
- RL.4.10 Synthesize anchor chart, monitor comprehension anchor chart, texts in your pocket interactive & ongoing collection act, and recording tools for prose, drama, and poems.
- RI.4.1 Make Inferences (Anchor Chart and Foldable)
- RI.4.2 Main Idea and details to focus on citing evidence to prove the main idea using details to include stated and implied main ideas also with factual and sensory details. (2 Anchor charts and 2 foldables)
- RI.4.3 Focus on types of texts to include historical, scientific and technical (1 anchor chart and 2 foldables)
- RI.4.4 Words and phrases to include context clues, dictionary and strategies. (1 anchor chart and 1 prefix and suffix informational text based puzzle paste)
- RI.4.5 Text structure: cause and effect, time/sequence/chronological order, comparison, problem and solution, and descriptive (2 anchor charts and flap books for each structure)
- RI.4.6 Point of view anchor chart demonstrating differentiation between firsthand and second hand- primary and secondary sources and flap books for each.
- RI.4.7 Interpretations anchor chart and informational text features flaps.
- RI.4.8 Author's Point anchor and reasons/points/evidence inserts.
- RI.4.9 Combine Information from 2 texts anchor and puzzle pastes.
- RI.4.10 Informational Text comprehension
- RF.4.3 Six syllable types anchor, word endings anchor, multi syllable words.
- RF.4.3a Latin suffixes Note: Verbiage is derived from Appendix A of the CCSS.
- RF.4.3 optional irregular spelling pattern
- RF.3.3d Irregular spelled words
- RF.4.4a Purpose and understanding with a focus on text connections
- RF.4.4b Fluency
- RF.4.4c Confirmation check
The tools presented in this product will serve as useful for your current interactive note-booking system. While this product has an abundance of supplies it is not a "one-stop" shop as we all have extra goodies that are our own to insert into our notebooks.
Also take into consideration that the foldables and flap books can serve as standalone curriculum enhancers of common core.
Also included: Tabs, Dividers and Table of Contents for each strand.
to see my 3rd Grade Interactive Notebook.
to see my 2nd Grade Interactive Notebook.
to see my 1st Grade Interactive Notebook.
to see my Interactive Math Toolkit. Recently updated!
for a Common Core Math Practice Standard Toolkit.
for a Text Dependent Question Cards/Stems/Frames.
to see Common Core Close Reading Tools Aligned to Anchor Standards.
to view Common Core Close Reading & Assessment Toolkit aligned to 1st.
to view Common Core Close Reading & Assessment Toolkit aligned to 2nd.
to view Common Core Close Reading & Assessment Toolkit aligned to 3rd.
to view Common Core Close Reading & Assessment Toolkit aligned to 4th.
Original works of
© 24/7 Teacher
Please ask any and all questions prior to purchasing!
to ask Amy
a question @ www.247teacher.us
For more on Text Coding, Text Structures, and Close Reading of Informational Texts.
Click here to see my Interactive Notebook for Informational Text, Text Structures, and Close Reads.
Click here to see my Monthly Close Reading Units.
"Helping your children become text-dependent!"
Each monthly unit has history, biographies, science topics, holidays, and more!
Designed for Close Reading
: Other uses include homework, social studies, or science.
Text dependent questions are designed for text evidence responses!
Each passage is written at FOUR levels. From first to fifth!
Each passage has five or more activities. Use for guided reading!
Each passage can be used as week-long homework!
Click here to check out my Monthly Close Reading Club!
Click below to see each individual unit in the file.
Click below to see more of each individual unit in the file.
for the January Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the February Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the March Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the April Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the May Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the June Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the August Close Reading Unit. 10 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the September Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the October Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the November Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the December Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click the green links to see the titles included in each unit.
to follow on FB for exclusive Facebook Only FREEBIES!
to grab some new freebies at www.247teacher.us
to follow on Pinterest
Have a question? Have a suggestion?
to contact Amy @ www.247teacher.us
All informational texts are original. Literature or fiction pieces are either original pieces written by Harrod or retellings by me from public domain. Original pieces are the copyrighted works of Joe Harrod, operating under the umbrella entity of American Production 24/7LLC DBA 247 Teacher.
If you have colleagues interested in my work, please respect the DMCA by directing them to my store. Your purchase is for one classroom only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to print for more than one classroom. Additional licenses are listed at or more than 50% off. If you have any questions please communicate with me: Amy at www.247teacher.us!
Are you ordering three or more?
Then, please read the following.
In order to provide you with a fair and accurate quote please contact me for information regarding pricing for team, grade level, school site, or district licenses.
All rights reserved by A. Harrod. This product may not be distributed digitally such as through any usb flash drive or mass storage device. Under no circumstance can this product be uploaded to any cyber sharing platform such as a server, drive, network, wiki, or digital cloud storage unless approved by Amy: 247 Teacher. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a direct violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Thank you for recognizing my hard work and directing your colleagues to my store.