Also included in
- This resources covers every Common Core ELA standard in multiple ways (Reading Literature, Reading Information, Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language). Posters will help you to present and post the scales for students, the Assessments will help you to objectively differentiate student grou$135.00$179.00Save $44.00
If your school uses the Marzano Framework or iObservations for Teacher Evaluations, this product will save you weeks of work! These pages present Learning Goals and Scales, also called Proficiency Scales, with concrete exercises to prove mastery at every level. These Leveled Assessments create a clear goal for you and your students to identify areas of need, target instruction, and follow up with post-testing. Inspired by Marzano's research in “The NEW Art and Science of Teaching: A Comprehensive Framework for Effective Instruction,” they perfectly align to a growth mindset, standards-based grading, and make differentiation planning easy! These assessment rubrics are fully aligned to Common Core and most states' standards.
These assessment guides and rubrics can be used in any classroom. The simplified student-friendly language of the scales can be assessed in more specific terms with the rubrics. In Writing Standard 1, “Write arguments to support claims…”, the rubric will highlight each subskill of the standard and give a description to identify the proficiency level. It’s up to the teacher’s judgement to determine the level.
Download the Free Preview to try in your room!
*FOLOW ME to receive an immediate update when your grade level is posted!
THANK YOU for your interest in reaching ALL LEVELS of LEARNERS!
If you’re not familiar with Marzano’s Learning Goals and Scales, or proficiency scales, please visit this product link to download some examples of the scales. These Assessments were created to support the
4. 5th Grade ELA Posters with Marzano Scales, and use the same kid-friendly language to express each learning objective. This document offers student pages with clear directions for achieving mastery, as well as detailed rubrics to help define and identify the sub skills within each broad ELA standard. You can use these for pretests, posttests, homework, classroom practice, conference pieces, and of course, grades!
This document includes...
* PDF version for printing, or assigned through Google Classroom with TPTs DIGITAL ACTIVITY feature.
1. Student Instruction Guides & Rubrics for every Writing Standard, 1-10.
2. Student Instruction Guides & Rubrics for every Speaking & Listening Standard, 1-6.
3. Assessments & Rubrics for every Language Standard, 1-6.
5. 5. BONUS! An extra 75-page document of Vocabulary Lists and Leveled Assessments (1-4) for Language Standard 6, as well as the Rubrics to assess student writing in any subject!
Visit my blog for examples of student work, explanations, and tips on grading the assessment using the 4-point scale. Mrs. L's Leveled Learning website
Copyright 2019 by Melanie LiCausi; Mrs. L’s Leveled Learning LLC
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her classroom. The content is under copyright and MAY NOT be used to create new resources for free, for sale, or for sharing on school databases without written permission from Melanie LiCausi at Mrs. L’s Leveled Learning LLC. Please contact me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org or purchase additional licenses through your “My Purchases” page.
The terms “Learning Goal,” “Learning Objective,” and “Learning Standard” are used interchangeably. The terms “Learning Scales” and “Proficiency Scale” are also used interchangeably.
Thank you for your interest in this product! You may also like...