This Common Core product was designed to show my fourth graders what I am expecting from them in different settings. The standards are rephrased in kid friendly language, and designed as an overview you can refer to all year, not an overly scripted pacing guide. I decided to make my standards products fit the tasks we actually do in our literacy block, not keep them all in order as they appear in the document.
This product contains:
• 9 Writing craft standards in 1-page menu format, to remind students what ALL writing needs when revising draft.
• 3 short (half page), manageable writing folder inserts to teach children what is expected during their persuasive writing, informative writing, and narrative writing units of study.
• 20 Editing standards in 1-page menu format, to remind students of standard English conventions they need to watch for when they edit their writing before a final draft.
• 12 Reading response standards for literature in 1-page menu format, to remind students what they should be thinking about and making note of as they read literature.
• 12 Reading response standards for non-fiction texts in 1-page menu format, to remind students what they should be thinking about and making note of as they read non-fiction.
• 5 Standards for Speaking and Listening during Morning Meeting, in checklist format.
• 5 Standards for Discussion during whole class lessons in EVERY subject, in checklist format.
• 3 Fluency standards for read alouds (this can be done as whole-class, small group, partner, or one on one reading).
Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS are solely those of Amber Thomas and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA.
Amber Thomas is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS.
***Are you looking for more resources to raise the quality of your students' writing? I have a whole range of writing resources here! Check out these popular activities
★Ordering Adjectives Packet
★Word Choice Activities
★Personal Narratives Unit
★Poetry Mini Unit
★21 Homophones Task Cards
★Mentor Sentences Bundle