If your school uses the Marzano Framework or iObservations for Teacher Evaluations, this product will save you weeks of work! They perfectly align to a growth mindset, standards-based grading, and make differentiation planning easy! Inspired by Marzano's research in “The Art and Science of Teaching” these posters break down the standards into four proficiency scales from 1-4 (levels of difficulty), with a learning goal statement accompanying each one.
* This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core and the content is NOT EDITABLE. Blank editable pages are included to write your own with graphics.
Download the FREE PREVIEW Posters to try in your classroom. This resource presents a complete set of ELA standards which include color and black/white posters. These posters are ideal for anyone in a state or district that uses the original or slightly modified Common Core standards.
This is how Marzano Proficiency Scales work: proficiency in each standard is represented by a score of 3. A score of 4 indicates an advanced knowledge of the skill, usually above grade level. The learning goals assigned to scores of 2 and 1, are either derived from sub-skills of the standard, or from the background knowledge of earlier grade levels. Students will be amazed by their progress by the end of the year! Resources such as Bloom's and Marzano's Taxonomy were also used to create the scales. Visit Mrs. L's website for a short video explaining how scales for Math and ELA were designed. (Look for "Marzano Posters" under the RESOURCES tab.)
Help your students, families, and administrators SEE what they already know, and where the standard is leading them!
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
1. One color poster with learning goals and scale for every standard (RL, RI, RF, W, SL, and L), , including 6+1 Traits of Writing.
2. One black & white poster with learning goals and scale for every standard (RL, RI, RF, W, SL, and L), including 6+1 Traits of Writing.
3. Five editable blank color posters, one for each domain if you’d like to write your own learning goals for the scale with your students.
4. Five editable blank black & white posters, one for each domain.
This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core and the content is NOT EDITABLE. However there are BLANK pages that may be edited to create your own scales with the same colors and graphics.
For directions on editing the pages in your pdf. document. CLICK HERE
For more information on using Marzano Scales, visit
Mrs. L's Leveled Learning website
* This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core and the content is NOT EDITABLE.
For an EDITABLE version of the complete document follow this link...
4th Grade ELA Posters with Marzano Scales aligned to Common Core
4th Grade Math BUNDLE with Learning Goals and Scales - EDITABLE
4th Grade ELA Marzano Scales aligned to Common Core
4th Grade ELA Student Portfolio Pages with Marzano Scales - FREE
4th Grade Math Posters with Marzano Scales Editable Levels All Standards
4th Grade Common Core Math Assessment with Learning Goals and Scales!
4th Grade CC Math Quizzes - All Standards
4th Grade Math Madness Interactive Power Point Game!
4th Grade Math Student Portfolio Pages - FREE!
4th Grade Math Posters (4G.1-3) with Marzano Scales - FREE!
4th Grade Common Core Math Excel Tracking Sheet with Scales - FREE!