This product includes a template for a study pocket along with 50 ELA flash cards that align with the Common Core standards. Each card has the individual standard that it meets.
The concepts covered in the flash cards include:
- character traits
- vocabulary context clues
- poetry: verse, rhyme, meter, stanzas
- dramas/plays: character lists, stage directions
- first person narrator
- third person narrator
- non-fiction inference
- main idea
- text structure: chronological, cause and effect, problem and solution, comparison)
- first hand accounts
- second hand accounts
- opinion writing characteristics
- informational writing characteristics
- narrative writing characteristics
- text-to-text connections
- text-to-self connections
- text-to-world connections
- text features
Study pockets allow students to monitor their own studying by choosing which pocket to put each flashcard.
This product also includes a black page of flash card for you to make any additional cards!
Directions for Study Pockets: Print and fold the two study pockets. Then, fold and staple the pockets on the noted lines.
Directions for Flash Cards: To create the flashcards, cut each row apart and fold on the middle column. Flashcards can then be glued or left as is!
If you're interested in more products like this, check out my store at PinkPearls and Pencils!