Also included in
- Do you want your math stations and guided math centers done for the year? This 4th grade guided math bundle is the only resource you will need to have your math centers done for the year!Need 3rd or 5th Grade Math Centers?Click here to see the 3rd Grade Guided Math Mega Bundle.Click here to see the$95.00$168.50Save $73.50
The ability to find errors in someone else's work is not only a higher level thinking skill, but it is also engaging for students. These error analysis math tasks are perfect to challenge and engage your 4th grade students.
NOTE: This resource now has a Google Slides™ version for digital math activities. Please see the 3rd page of the PDF for details and the link!
Need another grade level?
This resource includes 78 Error Analysis Tasks for the 4th Grade Common Core Math Standards. Each standard has at least two tasks for you to use with your students.
Each error analysis math task includes a question or equation to solve and then student work incorrectly solving or answering the task.
The student is asked to determine the error and explain why they think the student made that error. Then the student has to solve the equation or answer the question correctly.
These tasks can be used for independent work, math centers, homework, test prep, RTI, or even as a means of assessment.
The error analysis math tasks are also available in digital formats via Google Slides. The content is the same as the printable version.
There are two digital versions included:
Version 1 - One-Page Option - The slide includes space for the students to explain the error and type the correct answer.
Version 2 - Two-Page Option - The slides include space for the students to explain the error, show their work, and type the correct answer
The slides are visually appealing and optimized for digital use.
Each slide contains text boxes for students to type their answers into. The slides also include moveable circles and highlighting bars for the students to highlight or circle the error (if they are able). A few questions require interactive elements such as dragging and dropping lines of symmetry.
For answer keys, please refer to the printable PDF.
See page 3 of each PDF for the details and links to the digital version.
Check out the video preview to see the digital error analysis math tasks.
Make sure you grab the FREE Launching Math Centers Starter Pack with review centers to help you launch your centers. You can grab it by clicking here.
Need More 4th Grade Math Activities?
- 4th Grade Math Centers Bundle - Over 100 Centers - Print + Digital
- 4th Grade Math Sorts Print + Digital
- 4th Grade Roll and Answer Math Practice Print + Digital
- 4th Grade Find the Error Math Tasks (Digital + Printable)
- 4th Grade Math Choice Boards (Digital + Printable)
- 4th Grade Math Differentiated Skill Sheets (Digital + Printable)
- Math Prove It Tasks for 4th and 5th Grade (Digital + Printable)