8 practice pages on 4NF4 and Fraction Cards
The math pages included are practice pages after a skill has been taught or for students to use during a lesson. Skills should be taught in the order or the CCSS standard. Each skill builds upon the previous. The pages are in order of the standard. (CCSS 4.NF.4 a, b, and c)
1. 1 page - decompose the fraction and write it as a multiplication expression 4NF4a
2. 1 page – change whole number to improper fraction and multiply 4NF4a
3. 1 page – create multiple expression using 1/b 4NF4b
4. 2 pages – draw a model to represent the equation and product. 4NF4b
5. 1 page – multiply fraction and simplify 4NF4b
6. 2 pages – solve word problems using equations and models. 4NF4c
7. Answer key
8. Student Center Directions
Fraction Cards Whole Group Warm-Ups and Center Activities
The multiplication card problems and answers are next to each other. I copy the cards on colored or white card stock which can be bought at an office supply store.
Warm-Ups-I do these once a week in place of their regular warm-up math work. These are always completed at the beginning of math class.
1.Find your partner Warm Up (CCSS Speaking and Listening Standard)
2.Partner Presentations Warm Up (CCSS Speaking and Listening Standard)
3.Fraction Match Center
4.Fraction Art Center.
5.Fraction Silly Word Story Center
This is for single classroom use only and all copyrights belong to NLarocca2013.