The following are standards taken from the Colorado Academic Standards, which are directly correlated with the Common Core State Standards Initiative. The document has two main sections: (1) Math Standards and (2) Literacy Standards. I have included four main parts in each section to assist teachers in their planning, instruction, and assessment roles.
1. The standards in “teacher language,” as presented on the Colorado Department of Education website (http://www.cde.state.co.us). The format is teacher-friendly, including spaces for teachers to check off standards as they teach and re-teach each skill.
2. The standards presented in a student-friendly checklist . Instead of using the Common Core coding, I gave each standard a code that matched the heading. For example, standards that address “Reading Fiction,” I coded as RF. I then gave each standard within that category a number.
3. The student friendly standards presented in a table where students can record pre/post test scores.
4. Graphs for each standard for students to graph final percentage scores to analyze strengths and next steps.
5. **JUST ADDED-Class Spreadsheet for easy grading and tracking
FIVE colorful covers are also included for use in a binder with a clear front pocket.