I am so excited to share 4th grade math resources with you! I have been collaborating with my sister, Anna Aguilar, who has taught 4-7th grade math for the past 15 years! She is a math GURU, so I know you'll love these activities that we have created together!
All of the activities are NO PREP! And several of them can be used DIGITALLY through a teacher's computer/projector OR on your students' devices. Add these activities to your main math curriculum, use them in small groups, or supplement your whole group activities! These are not daily lesson plans, but a set of activities that can just be placed throughout your math block and place value unit.
Here are the skills addressed:
Comparing and Ordering Whole Numbers (up to the billions)
Comparing and Ordering Decimals (intro to this skill)
Expanded Notation of Whole Numbers and Decimals
Place Value Properties
Math TEKS for this unit:
Math CC Standards for this unit:
Here are the activities included:
- Vocabulary Cards for: Comparison Symbols, Place Value, Standard Form, Expanded Notation, Whole Number, Decimal Number
- Place Value Chart to Display in Classroom (billions, millions, thousands, ones, decimals)
- Human Number Line with 26 number cards and comparison symbol cards (Ordering and Comparing Whole Numbers)
- Place Value Flap-Ups: 5 Interactive Notebook Activities
- Comparing Numbers Game: Who's The Greatest?
- Place Value Properties Power Point: 12 Slides
- Place Value 123 Show Me: 10 Slides
- Place Value Defend Your Corner Power Point and Activity: 10 Slides
- Expanded Notation PowerPoint: 10 Slides
- Let's See Who Can Identify the Place Value Power Point: 16 Slides
- Place Value Review PowerPoint: 24 Slides
- Answer Keys for ALL PowerPoints included
- Recording Sheets for ALL activities included (with different versions)
** ALL PowerPoints can be saved into Google Drive so that your students can have access on their devices. They can also be saved as images so that you can use them in apps such as Kahoot or Nearpod. The PowerPoints and Digital Resources should NOT be made public or shared on open forums. They should be used only for YOU and YOUR students
** Check out the Preview to see what the PowerPoints are like and everything that is included!
Created by Amy Lemons and Anna Aguilar
For More 4th Grade Math Products, Click Below:
For 4th Grade Math Stations, Click Below: