Also included in
- Everything you need for 4th Grade Math Test Prep! And the best part? Every resource in this Math Test Prep Bundle is Common Core aligned to the 4th grade math standards.Need 5th Grade math test prep? Click here to see the 5th Grade version.Note: SOME (but not all) of the test prep activities in this$25.00$40.00Save $15.00
Do you need a way to assess your students on 4th grade math skills? This math assessment resource contains a 9-page math benchmark assessment with 54 questions covering ALL of the 4th Grade common core math standards and the sub-standards.
***This could even be used a the beginning of 5th grade to assess where your students are with the previous year's standards.
This can be used at the beginning of the year, middle of the year (after winter break), before and after units, or end of the year (prior or after state testing).
- With the exception of a couple of problems, the test is short answer.
- This assessment is not multiple choice so that I could get a clear picture of my students knowledge without them guessing and getting lucky. Also, when I give the assessment before state testing, I can see partial understandings and teach based on those. Multiple choice tests do not show partial understandings.
I know that 9 pages is a lot of paper for one test, so here are some options.
- Print all of the pages each time it is given and allow the students to write on the assessment.
- Print a class set of the assessment. Have the students use the 3 page answer sheet or a piece of paper to record their answers.
- Print all 9 pages but give the assessment in increments before units. I tried to keep the assessment broken up by domain. For example, the Number and Operations: Base Ten standards are on their own pages. You could give that benchmark assessment prior to starting the unit and after the unit. Here is the breakdown by domain (the page numbers refer to the page numbers on the assessment pages themselves):
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking – Page 1-2 of 9
- Number and Operations: Base Ten – Pages 3-4 of 9
- Fractions – Pages 5-6 of 9
- Measurement and Data– Pages 7-8 of 9
- Geometry – Page 9 of 9
I have also included several data analysis sheets to keep track of student data and growth.