This bundle contains four resources to support the development of key mathematical skills, concepts and understandings aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics: 4th Grade Math Journals, Math Projects Gr. 3-5, 4th Grade Math Vocabulary Resources, and Multiplication and Division Strategies. While each of these resources is available separately in our store, buying this bundle provides you with four resources for the price of three!
Resource 1: 4th Grade Math Journals
contains 90 problem solving tasks aligned with the Common Core State Standards. Tasks can be used as Morning Work, Problem of the Day, Math Centers, for homework or assessment purposes. Included in this resource:
- a six page guide to getting started with math journals in your classroom
- overview tables showing the specific Common Core standard/s for each task
- math journal rubrics in both student and classroom display size
- 90 math journal tasks covering all 4th Grade CCSS. Tasks can be printed on address labels (Avery 5160) with 30 copies of each task on a page. Simply print, peel and pass out for students to stick in their journal. No more glue sticks or time wasted copying out tasks!
Resource 2: Math Projects Gr. 3-5
contains 39 projects aligned with the Common Core State Standards. These projects provide a great way to develop problem solving skills while linking your curriculum with real world situations and applications of math skills and concepts. Choose one a month to use as a homework project or set aside some class time on a regular basis for students to work on projects collaboratively. Either way you will be providing opportunities for students to solve real life problems while applying key math concepts and skills. Each project includes a student-friendly rubric to provide students with a clear understanding of expectations.
Resource 3: 4th Grade Math Vocabulary Resources
contains Math Word Wall cards for all domains, a template for a student Math Vocabulary Book, and ideas on how to make your Math Word Wall more interactive. Use these resources to promote student independence, develop math vocabulary, and support reading and writing in mathematics. All vocabulary is aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
This resource contains 162 Math Word Wall cards
in large font (3 cards per page). Cards for each domain are color coded. Print on cardstock and/or laminate for a set of word wall cards that you can reuse year after year.
Also included is a template for a student Math Vocabulary book. My Math Vocabulary Book
contains over 200 essential math words for 4th Grade, as well as sentence starters, a multiplication/division grid, and space on each page for students to write additional math vocabulary as needed. Print a copy for each student in your class (6 double-sided pages) and watch their math writing skills improve.
Resource 4: Multiplication and Division Strategies
provides a comprehensive bank of activities to introduce, practice and extend thinking and reasoning strategies to build number sense and develop students'abilities to automatically and accurately recall the basic multiplication and division facts.
Included in this 150 page resource:
. student notebook pages with examples and guided practice problems for each strategy
- word problems to practice each strategy in meaningful contexts
- extension problems for those students ready to extend the use of each strategy beyond the basic facts
- clear, simple charts to display in your classroom after the introduction of each strategy
- easy prep math games with sentence frames to practice and reinforce strategies
-fact fluency sheets to assess mastery of basic multiplication facts
Connect with K-5 Math Teaching Resources
- Follow our TpT store
to receive notifications of upcoming sales, new products and free downloads
- Visit our website
for FREE math resources
aligned with all K-5 CCSS domains
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram