4th Grade Summer Math Packet ~ Summer Prep Packet for Incoming 5th Grade Math Students
Looking for a good way to review 4th grade math concepts with your students? This math review packet covers many of the major topics taught in 4th grade math.
This review packet covers:
- adding & subtracting whole numbers with up to 4 digits
- rounding whole numbers
- multiplying 1 digit numbers by multi-digit numbers
- multiplying 2 digit numbers by 2 digit numbers
- dividing multi-digit numbers by 1 digit numbers (with and without remainders)
- finding the greatest common factor of 2 or 3 numbers
- finding the least common multiple of 2 or 3 numbers
- simplifying fractions
- comparing two fractions using by finding common denominators
- identifying & drawing basic geometric figures (line, ray, point, line segment, angle, parallel lines, perpendicular lines, right angle, acute angle, obtuse angle)
- solving word problems (mixed)
The packet contains 100 questions for the students to solve, as well as detailed descriptions and worked-out examples for each of the various topics covered in the packet. An answer key is also provided.
The 22 pages of this resource include:
- cover page
- credit page
- 7 student work pages (100 total questions)
- 6 pages of explanations & examples
- 7 pages of answer keys
This review packet makes an excellent summer math packet for 4th grade students but it would also be a great August/September back to school review for 5th graders, as well as good practice of core concepts before standardized tests or state testing! It also makes excellent emergency sub plans for a simple print-and-go review to leave students for days when you cannot be there!
Please download the preview file to see all the pages of this file.
Need a summer math packet for a different grade? Check out:
- 5th Grade Math Review Packet
- 6th Grade Math Review Packet - Level 1
- 6th Grade Math Review Packet - Level 2
- 7th Grade Math Review Packet
- Pre-Algebra Math Review Packet
- Algebra I Math Review Packet