Make math a lot more fun! Cover ALL of the 4th grade Common Core word problem standards in one bundled resource! These task cards cover math standards: 4.OA.A.2, 4.OA.A.3, 4.NF.B.3D, 4.NF.B.4C, and 4.MD.A.2. Save $ when you purchase the bundle of three! Appealing pictures on each task card help students attend to the task at hand. Each of the three resources contains both a set of high color task cards, and the same set in low color that print nicely in black and white.
Not only good for Common Core classrooms, but any classroom!
By purchasing this bundle of all three units, you are SAVING 20% off of the individual price per unit.
Each unit includes a 40 slide task card resource focusing on all Common Core standards for 4th grade word problems.
To get a better idea of what's included in this bundle, check out the individual write-ups for each resource:
Buyers also have access to the TPT digital Overlay for each resource. Click on the "Use as a Buyer" red box to access this digital version. The "Use as a Buyer" box is NOT on this page. To access the "Use as a Buyer" button and the digital overlay, click on each individual resource in this bundle. This will take you to each individual product page. On this page you will see the "Use as a Buyer" button under the price of the resource. Teachers will be able to edit the directions to customize the resource if needed, add more pages from the original resource and more.
This resource includes:
- Teacher notes for each resource
- A total of 120 task cards in full color, and 120 task cards in low color
40 task cards for Superhero ...Covering Common Core 4.OA.A.3
40 task cards for Math Magic...Covering 4.OA.A.2
40 task cards for Math Race...Covering 4.NF.B.3.D, 4.NF.B.4c, 4.MD.A.2
- Answer sheets
- Grading keys
Task cards can be used in many different ways:
1. Centers and/or stations…since task cards can be done in any
order, they are easy to share.
2. In pairs or small groups
3. Whole class
a. Quick review before going home, or to specials
b. Teacher reads question, students write answers on white
c. Use as an assessment. Task cards don’t feel like a test, so
test phobic students are more relaxed.
4. Independent work at seats
5. Send home for homework as reinforcement for students
6. Test Prep
7. Games..Use game boards and dice. Place task cards upside down above game board. As students move around board they must answer task card questions. Partners use the grading key to tell if the answer is correct. Student may only move if the answer is correct.
8. Scoot...Give one answer sheet and one task card per student. Give students 30 seconds to answer their task card question on the answer sheet. Set timer for 30 seconds again and say, "Scoot". Student leaves his/her card on their desk and move to the next seat to answer that question. When the timer dings say, "Scoot" again and students move to next seat until all cards are answered on the answer sheet.
9. Scavenger Hunt...Hide cards around the classroom. Give each student one answer sheet. Students search for cards and answer them as they are found.
10. Jenga...Number Jenga blocks to 36 (or less if you wish). Students play in groups of three-four and take turns pulling them out. Students all answer the task card number on each block on their answer sheet until the Jenga blocks tumble.
11. Exit ticket...Pass one task card to each student plus one sticky note. Students answer on the sticky note and place on board on the way out the door.
If you would like to learn more about each resource in this bundle click on the resource pictures above:
Comments about this resource include:
Love these word problems ! They are a perfect mix of problems to help any 4th grader be prepared !
Great, Great resource! The kids love the themes. Great problem solving sets!
I love this product! We always need help with word problems!
If you are interested in a PowerPoint resource of this product see:
If you are interested in receiving updates of new resources, and getting 1/2 off within the first 48 hours of launch, click on the "follow me" button next to the green star!
About this Teacher Author
National Board Certified Teacher (2001-2011), Masters in Curriculum, Gifted Certified, Cobb County Elementary Teacher of the Year, Addison Elementary Teacher of the Year, Bullard Elementary Teacher of the Year, Atlanta Journal and Constitution Honor Teacher finalist ($5000 award), District 3 Georgia Science Teacher of the Year, Author of seven books published by The Child's World Press, Wrote online k-12 social studies and language arts curriculum for Coca Cola, curriculum writer for CNN, curriculum writer for American Legacy Publishers 2009-2014, 25 years teaching experience in grades 1st-4th.
4th Grade Math Word Problem Bundle by Jan Bernard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License