The material included in the package can be used with instruction, practice, mini assessment, homework, an activity, or addition to a center. It covers perimeter, area, and line plots and it is aligned to the Common Core Standards 4MD3 and 4MD4. It includes the following material…
1. 4 worksheets on perimeter with rectangles, rectangles on grids, drawing perimeter and using a formula.
2. 1 page of problem solving with perimeter…2 problems
3. 2 pages of problem solving with perimeter… real world application of perimeter.
4. 4 worksheets on area with rectangles, rectangles on grids, drawing area and using a formula.
5. 1 page of problem solving… 2 problems.
6. 1 page fun area practice with animals
7. 9 center cards matching activity or use the cards for scoot.
8. 1 perimeter and area grid activity… create a rectangle with a given perimeter and area.
9. 2 worksheets of problems with line plots.
10. 2 worksheets…student creates a line plot.
11. Answer sheet for some.
Center Cards, Worksheets, and Problem Solving
- I copy center cards on card stock paper, cut them out and place them in Ziploc bags. Students use them during their center time. You could also use them as a scoot activity where students are dividing up with a partner and the cards are placed at stations around the room. Students are given a period of time to work on a problem and then they rotate to the next station.
-You could also copy the worksheets on card stock and cut them out and use them as a scoot activity.
-Worksheets can also be used as a mini assessment or homework and the problem solving could be placed in an interactive math notebook.
-My assessment for this unit can be found at
This is for single classroom use only and all copyrights belong to NLarocca2013.