For this project, students will work with a small group of their peers to research a Native American tribe. The project download includes:
1. Common Core and Social Studies GPS alignment
2. Project Description
3. Project Rubric
4. Background Information
5. Native American Tribes to Choose From
The project is aligned with -
Common Core –
* W4.9 – Draw evidence from informational texts to support research.
* SL4.1b – Agreed upon rules for discussions and carry out assigned roles.
* SL4.4 – Report on a topic in an organized manner, using appropriate facts.
Social Studies GPS –
* SS4G2a – The student will describe how physical systems affect human systems. Explain why each of the Native American groups occupied the areas they did.
* SS4H1a,b – The student will describe how early Native American cultures developed in North America. Locate where Native Americans settled. Describe how Native Americans used their environment to obtain food, clothing, and shelter.