Also included in
- These fourth grade digital passages and graphic organizers are all standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on literature and informational standards. These are made for Google Classroom, and they all come as Google Slides. These passages and graphic organizers cover the RL and R$32.00$48.00Save $16.00
These passages are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on or fiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they're made in Google Slides! Students will read the standards-based passages, annotate their text, then answer comprehension questions about the text and the standard. They are all Common-Core standards-based passages for fourth grade students. There are a total of 55 passages for fourth graders to use with literature or fiction texts.
Keep in mind that these graphic organizers and passages are a digital version of the resources that come from my non-digital ELA units. They've been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom. If you want lesson plans and the full units, follow the link (non-digital ELA units) to shop the full units that also come with the digital links.
These texts have been professionally leveled by Lexile. The scores are in the top right-hand corner of each passage.
- RL4.1- Inferences and Details- 7 passages
- RL4.2- Theme and Summarizing- 7 passages
- RL4.3- Story Elements- 7 passages
- RL4.4- Unknown Words and Context Clues- 7 passages
- RL4.5- Types of Text (Poetry, Prose, Drama)- 7 passages
- RL4.6- Point of View- 6 passages
- RL4.7- Media and Text- 6 passages
- RL4.9- Comparing and Contrasting Two Texts- 8 passages [4 sets of passages]
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 8 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you'd like to use these graphic organizers...
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Common Core Reading Literature Standards Included:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.4.1- Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.4.2- Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.4.3- Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., a character's thoughts, words, or actions).
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.4.4- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including those that allude to significant characters found in mythology (e.g., Herculean).
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.4.5- Explain major differences between poems, drama, and prose, and refer to the structural elements of poems (e.g., verse, rhythm, meter) and drama (e.g., casts of characters, settings, descriptions, dialogue, stage directions) when writing or speaking about a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.4.6- Compare and contrast the point of view from which different stories are narrated, including the difference between first- and third-person narrations.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.4.7- Make connections between the text of a story or drama and a visual or oral presentation of the text, identifying where each version reflects specific descriptions and directions in the text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.4.9- Compare and contrast the treatment of similar themes and topics (e.g., opposition of good and evil) and patterns of events (e.g., the quest) in stories, myths, and traditional literature from different cultures.
Members, please read: This unit is already included in the Elementary Nest ELA Membership. If you are a member, no need to purchase. You already have access to this!