*NOTE: New upload includes edit to the rubric.
I created this performance task because I did not like the one my county created. This one addresses the following:
1) Focuses only on information reading standards RI4.2, RI4.3, RI4.4, RI4.6, RI4.9
2) Clearly marks next to the question/prompt which standard is being targeted
3) Gives students various ways to demonstrate their knowledge and deep understanding of concepts/content. Example: reading 2 different texts (a firsthand and a secondhand account of Mount Everest), completing a graphic organizer, taking notes from a video on Mount Everest (must have youtube access!), answering multiple choice questions with a spot to explain their thinking and a writing portion where students have to integrate information from all sources in order to write a firsthand account.
4) Presents students with multiple sources to gather information (texts, video).
5) Takes more than 1 class period (performance tasks should be constructed to span several days).
6) Focuses on students explaining their thinking with evidence rather than just picking a multiple choice answer.
7) Includes question stems commonly found in state-wide standardized tests.
8) Is aligned to Common Core State Standards.
9) Includes a self-assessment for students and a grading rubric for teachers.