Reading and reacting appropriately to nonverbal communication or body language is a life long relationship building skill. This lesson focuses on the skill of recognizing and practicing nonverbal communication. This may seem like a simple skill, however in this digital age of text messaging many students have lost the ability to skillfully read and react appropriately to nonverbal communication. Using images of our canine friends who are the experts in nonverbal communication, students will learn to appropriately recognize emotions through learning to read body language or nonverbal communication. This lesson is one of three in a unit on building communication skills.
1. Teacher Guide
2. PowerPoint-14 colorful and engaging slides
3. Nonverbal Communication Chart with shades of meaning emotion words
4. Independent Practice
By the end of this lesson students will be able to:
1. Recognize and describe basic nonverbal communication.
2. Describe the benefits of recognizing nonverbal communication.
3. Practice using nonverbal communication with shades of emotions.