This is a FULLY editable lesson with the following sections: Procedure, Modifications/Enrichment Activities, Family/Community Connections. It includes worksheets, websites, and activities.
Title: Everyday Inventions!
Subject and Grade Level Indicator: 4th Grade Science
• I can explain how technology has improved our lives
• I can investigate how technology and inventions change to meet peoples’ needs and wants
• Interactive white board with internet access
• Laptops for partner work with internet access
• Practice worksheet (mimio slide)
This lesson is appropriate for students in fourth grade for many reasons. The main reason it is appropriate is because it follows the state standards for science. The activities in this lesson include various grouping arrangements: whole class, partner, and independent assignments. The instructional processes have allowed for differentiated instruction by including alternative strategies for many of the activities. There also is movement allowing the students to be in and out of their seat throughout the class period. The last activity is a home connection that involves the parents in the student’s learning as they are responsible for creating an ad that is new for their common invention. For all the above reasons this lesson is appropriate for middle childhood learners.