Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
Our U.S. History Nonfiction Informational Text (No Additional Textbook Needed) with 9 COMPLETE AMERICAN HISTORY UNITS (93 U.S. HISTORY LESSONS) AND 185 INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS is perfect for your 4th Grade Social Studies (or 5th Grade) class. We've included a balanced mix of lower and higher-level hands-on Common Core-aligned activities to learn about American History from 1451-1921 (REVISED 2020):
- Nonfiction Informational American History text-we provide all CONTENT!
- Questions after each and every lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
- Thought-provoking Discussion Questions to encourage Critical Thinking
- Reference Mapping using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
- Latitude and Longitude Mapping-lines of Latitude, Longitude, the Equator, Prime Meridian
- Grid Maps utilizing Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
- Analyzing and Creating Scale Maps to trace famous routes, trails, and voyages
- Graphic Organizers-KWLH Charts, Venn Diagrams, Circle Charts, etc
- Expository, Persuasive, Creative Writing-we take students through entire process!
- Journal Writing utilizing Close Reading and Text Features to increase Comprehension
- Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
- Primary and Secondary American History research projects
- Time Lines utilizing Picture Cues-great for ELL Students!
- American History Vocabulary Quizzes
- and SO MUCH MORE!
In addition, students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by creating 3D Models of Carpenter Hall, a Viking Ship, a Globe, and a Log Cabin-all patterns and step-by-step directions included!
American History, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (see Previews of each Unit for Standard Alignment), includes context-appropriate American History Glossaries, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for all of the higher-level activities and Interactive Notebook assignments.
Click on each American History Interactive Notebook Unit to learn more. Download each Unit's Preview file so you can view the Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Alignment, and sample Lessons, Activities, and Interactive Notebook Assignments.
Purchasing our American History Bundle saves you time and money! Purchased separately, each of the 9 American History units would cost you over $206.00!!
RATING THIS AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLE EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) Revised 2020-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.