★★★★★GOOGLE DOCS VERSION★★★★★
8 activities that focus on the Unit 1 Topic 2: The Regions of the United States topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of education. These activities focus on answering the following standards and questions:
● 4.4.2 - Locate and label on a map the major physical features of each of the five regions of the United States and summarize how they affect the climate, economy, and population of each region
● 4.4.3 - Identify the states of each of the five regions of the United States
● 4.4.4 - Measure approximate distance on a map using scale to the nearest hundredth mile
● 4.4.7 - Use mental mapping to construct a map of the United States regions and the world to include map elements (title, compass rose, legend/key, scale)
● 4.5.1 - Compare and contrast the distinguishing physical characteristics of the five regions of the United States
● 4.5.2 - Analyze how physical characteristics of a region shape its economic development
● 4.5.3 - Identify and explain how the physical characteristics of a region influenced human settlement
● 4.6.1 - Illustrate how natural processes have created and/or changed the physical characteristics of places in the United States
● 4.6.2 - Describe the human impact on the land and bodies of water of the five regions of the United States
● Claim 1 - What is life like for people living in each region of the US?
● Claim 2 - How has geography and land influenced the way people live?
IT IS UP TO DATE WITH THE NEW COMPANION DOCUMENT
● Interactive notebook and worksheet versions of all the activities.
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
Activities that have links are currently included and updated within this bundle
● Regions of the United States
● Regions of the United States Simple Research Project
● Comparing and Contrasting the Regions of the United States
● Natural Disasters
● Natural Disasters Impact
● Human Impact
● Item Set