★★★★★INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK and WORKSHEET EDITION★★★★★
113 pages with 13 activities that focus on the Unit 2 Topic 2: American Colonies topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of education.
Part A focuses on the differences between Jamestown and Plymouth. Part B will focus on the economies of the two colonies and how that led to slaves coming to North America.
These activities focus on answering the following standards and questions:
- 4.2.3 – Explain the voluntary migration of people and its significance in the development of the boundaries of the United States.
- 4.5.2 – Analyze how physical characteristics of a region shape its economic development
- 4.5.3 – Identify and explain how the physical characteristics of a region influenced human settlement.
- Explain the reasons for the establishment of the Jamestown and Plymouth colonies (Jamestown was an economic venture for England, Plymouth was established by families who wanted religious freedom).
- Compare and contrast the climate and geographic features of Jamestown and Plymouth.
- Explain how life was different for colonists in the Jamestown and Plymouth colonies.
- Explain how geography and climate affected the survival of colonists.
- Explain how colonists interacted with Native American people to help ensure colonist survival
- How did the colonists’ reasons for migrating influence where they chose to settle?
- How did geography influence life and economic activities in the colonies?
● Interactive notebook and worksheet versions of all the activities.
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
● 1 Item Set.
Activities that have links are currently included and updated within this bundleReasons for the establishment of settlementsGeography and Climate of JamestownGeography and Climate of PlymouthCompare and Contrast the Geography and Climate of the colonies.Test PrepHow did Geography and climate impact the survival of the ColonistsTest PrepHow did the colonists’ reasons for migrating influence where they chose to settle?How was life different between the two colonies?How did colonists interact with the Native Americans?How did Native Americans help the colonists survive?Compare and contrast the viewpoints of Native Americans and English Colonist.Item Set
● Test Prep
● Item Set