Ever wish your students would read multiplication and division multi-step word problems multiple times to understand and solve the problem?
This collection of 10 common core story structure multi-step word problems are on a graphic organizer that uses close reading strategies.
"After four reads, students have said to me that this is the FIRST TIME they ever actually understood word problems and knew how to solve them!"
Students read the word problem four different times with a different purpose each time:
★ #1 - Identify the basis of the problem and what it’s about.
★ #2 - Identify the numbers in the problem and what they describe.
★ #3 - Create a model or drawing to represent the problem.
★ #4 - Write the equation that represents the problem.
★ Check out the full preview! Created for you, by the MDMathLady!
• Companion resource to this Set 2, is one of our most popular resources, Set 1.
>>Link here ★ BEST SELLER! 4th Grade Multi-Step Word Problems Set 1 - Close Reading!
Need more quality resource material? Companion resource/product links below you may want to include in your collection of lesson plans. Make Math fun, dynamic & rewarding for your students!! ★★★★ 4 Star reviews make these great additions to your classroom!
• ★BEST SELLER! Magic Square Puzzle Bundle: Addition and Subtraction Math Facts
• Tricky Tens Game - Ways to Make Ten
• Dividing Larger Numbers - Introducing with Math Tools
• 3rd Grade Perimeter Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Elapsed Time Word Problems - Close Reading!
• Conjectures - 5th Grade Fraction Multiplication Activity
• Arrow Math - Addition and Subtraction on a Hundred Chart
• Cross One Out - Math Warm Ups that Promote Reasoning
• Math Fact Strategy Posters - FREE!
★ YOUR positive feedback & product satisfaction make this store possible. Allow me to thank you in advance. More product additions coming soon!