Wonders Girls have created a fun way to incorporate crafts and your weekly lesson. We have included essential question, graphic organizers for paraphrasing ideas, lesson on genre and its features, graphic organizer about character-setting--beggining-middle-end, and a craft that your students can work out their classwork inside of a pizza that they create. See download for example.
Instructions for Pizza.
* Copy crust on brown or beige construction paper then, cut out crust.
* Copy the inside onto white copy paper and put in order from front to back on top of crust.
* Copy sauce onto red construction paper. Cut out and place on top of white inside papers.
* Staple all of these together at the top center of circle.
* Then, students can glue their shredded cheese on.
* Last, they can glue their pepperoni on.
* Optional make jagged edges on crust by cutting waves in the crust.
Also included is questions from the story to answer and a math fraction sheet.