PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This scavenger hunt introduces students to information and fun facts about the 4th of July. A second question format is also included – a crossword puzzle. Students can complete one or both of the activities using the scavenger hunt cards.
How to Use this Product
1. Print the 4th of July Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock, then cut them apart .
2. Make copies of the 4th of July Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided) and/or 4th Of July Crossword Puzzle. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place 4th of July Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
Table of Contents
• cover card for organizing and storing scavenger hunt
• student pages
• 20 colorful information cards
• 20 black and white information cards
• 4th of July Crossword Puzzle (with and without word bank for differentiation)
• answer keys
More about this Product
With the 4th of July Scavenger Hunt game, I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups or social studies centers. I usually only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
You May Also Like
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥