• This file contains 5 adding and subtracting decimal worksheets that get harder as the week goes on.
• Each worksheet has 10 addition and 10 subtraction problems.
• The students solve the 20 problems on each worksheet and use the answers to color in the grid.
Each of the 5 worksheets has part of the frog picture that is shown on page 15 on it. Each day, they color in part of the picture. Then after all 5 parts are colored in, they are to cut out the grids and glue the parts together on page 8 to reveal the picture.
The students work all week long on creating the frog picture. This is a great way to keep the students motivated to solve the problems correctly
• Decimals Day 1 (Page 2) - The decimals are lined up for the students, and there is no borrowing or regrouping involved.
• Decimals Day 2 (Page 3) - The decimals are lined up for the students, and the problems require borrowing and regrouping.
• Decimals Day 3 (Page 4) - The decimals are lined up, the problems require borrowing and regrouping, and the numbers have different place values. For example, the first number may be to the hundredths place, but the second might be to the tenths place.
• Decimals Day 4 (Page 5) - The decimals are not lined up for the students. The problems require borrowing and regrouping, and the numbers have different place values.
• Decimals Day 5 (Pages 6-7) - 20 word problems involved adding and subtracting decimals.
• Cut and Paste (Page 8) - The students cut out the grids that they colored throughout the week and glue them on this page to reveal the frog.
5 Day Decimals Packet - Adding and Subtracting - Frog Coloring Picture
by Briana Burke
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License