At my school, we have a Genre-Based Literacy Program. I decided to create 5 Genre-Based Literacy Centers to fit into my genre study and to go along in my Daily 5 Centers. You can implement them during your Fairy Tale Genre Unit! These five centers were created to fit into your Word Work Stations. Simply copy a set to be cut, laminated, stored in a baggie and placed in a center. Then make multiple copies of the student recording forms to also be placed in your centers for student use. At the end of the week (or duration of your genre study), students can turn in the recording forms as evidence of completion!
Student Direction Cards have also been created to store at your center.
The 5 Centers:
1. Fairy Tale Sequence Strips
2. Fairy Tale Fact...or Fiction?
3. Fairy Tale Story Elements (Protagonist, Antagonist, Setting, Problem, Solution, Theme/Moral/Lesson Learned)
4. Fairy Tale Words Syllable Sort
5. Fairy Tale Genre Characteristics Classification (Examples including numeric patterns of 3's and 7's, containing magic and royalty, often begins with "Once upon a time...")
If you liked this product, you may want to check out my Genre-Based Fairy Tale Interactive Journal that goes along great with this product! You may also want to check out my 5 Tall Tale Literacy Center Pack and my Tall Tale Interactive Journal that compliments the Tall Tale Center Pack! I am creating a variety of Genre-Based Journals that can be used with any text from the specified genre so check back often!
Thanks for viewing