These math games work well with small groups, in math centers or math station, or RTI. They can also be used with fast finishers or for enrichment, and can easily be differentiated to meet the needs of your students.
Students will practice counting forward starting with a number other than one. There are four games with clip it strips. The student will clip the correct answer with a clothes pin. The games are on different levels so it is easy to differentiate for your class.
The games included are:
Boys and Girls at Play – Numbers to 10
Boys and Girls with Books – Numbers to 20
Baking Cookies – Numbers to 20
Boys and Girls Racing Cars – Numbers to 20
Also included are 8 sets of number cards, each containing the numbers 1 – 20
Students can use these to practice putting numbers with a beginning number other than zero, in order in a pocket chart or on a table or the floor. The cards can also be used for a memory game.
Fireworks and cookie cards are included for a “Bang” type game for students having trouble with number recognition. Choose one or two sets of the number cards and 2 or 3 Fireworks cards as well as 2 or 3 Cookie cards.
• Put the cards in a container or face down on a table.
• Student takes out a card and names the number.
• Student keeps the card and the next student has a turn.
• If a student gets a Fireworks card, he must put back all of his cards.
• If a student gets a Cookie card, he gets an extra turn.
• Have the students tell you the number that comes before or after the number he drew.
• Have the student write the number that comes before or after the number he drew on a white board or a piece of paper.