Write poems about any holiday, season, or special day. Recommended for K-2, but would also work for other grades.
Create a class collection of the poems so they can be read over and over. The name of the holiday will be the first and last line of the poem with other words in between.
Included in this download:
- Detailed lesson plan
- List of possible holidays and special days to write poems about
- Picture plan sheet with lines for draft of poem
- List plan sheet with lines for draft of poem
- Plan sheet to fill in the name of the holiday, if the one you're doing isn't included
- Final copy sheets (two to choose from)
- Example of how you can send the poems home as a class collection
Parents will love to see their child's writing "published" as part of the class collection.
This would also be a great lesson for a substitute to implement.
Click the green star above to be one of the first to hear about new resources, freebies, and special offers from my store. Thanks for stopping by!
Have fun with your poetry!