Children learn basic subtraction concepts with "Five Little Monkeys." This song is great for pre-K - 2, and teaches the following Common Core State Standards:
Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings1, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
Along with the video that streams from TpT, you'll get:
1. An illustrated lyrics page--Great for poetry or math notebooks.
2. A private link to the video on Vimeo--ONLY accessible to people who purchase the product on TpT. From Vimeo, you can stream, download, and embed the video--for classroom use only, please!
Encourage children to do something different every time they sing...
1. Sometimes, just watch and sing!
2. Show fingers to represent monkeys.
3. Start with 5 objects and take some away.
4. Start with a drawing of 5 dots on a whiteboard to represent five monkeys. Erase or cross out dots as the song plays.
5. More advanced students can write equations on whiteboards.
***You may also be interested in my 31-song Kindergarten Math Videos and Songs BUNDLE, available at a great discount ... Click here!
(Note that this video is not part of that bundle, but it does include a "10 Little Monkeys" song.)
Please let me know how you use this video! Enjoy!
***Please follow me at "EduTunes With Miss Jenny"
**Note: The mp3 version of this video is available on "Early Math With Miss Jenny"