This packet includes 5 literacy centers and 5 extra no-prep practice pages. This packet is the perfect way to start the school year! These interactive, hands-on activities are perfect for Kindergarten!
The centers include:
-5 literacy centers
-5 no-prep practice pages to reinforce skills
-Recording sheet to hold students accountable for their work
-Teacher friendly directions
-"I Can" visual directions for students
-Common Core aligned standards
1. Western Letters - Students will identify the uppercase letter on the card and put a manipulative on the stars that show the matching lowercase letter. Students will match the number on the card to the number on the paper and record the uppercase and lowercase pair.
2. Cover the Sound - Students will say the name of the picture to determine the beginning sound. They will find the matching letter on the mat and cover it with a snap cube. They will continue until the mat is full. On the recording sheet, they will write the beginning sound of each picture to show their answers.
3. Western Letters - Students will match the number on the card to the number on their paper. They will identify the uppercase letter on the card and color the matching lowercase letter on their paper. They will write the uppercase and lowercase pair below.
4. Western Rhymes - Students will say the name of each picture to determine the two pictures that rhyme. They will match the number on the card to their paper and color the two pictures that make a rhyming match.
5. Western Sounds - Students will say the name of the picture on the top of the card. They will determine which picture, at the bottom, has the same beginning sound. They will color the matching picture on their paper.