If your students could use a little help keeping their outlines organized, this resource is exactly what you've been looking for!
This graphic organizer will help your students make outlines that are clear and easy to read. Helpful for them, but also helpful for you when it comes time to grade their work and give feedback.
In addition, creating outlines with this organizer helps reinforce important features of a strong expository essay.
- Clear thesis that summarizes the purpose of the paper
- Topic Sentences that summarize the purpose of each paragraph
- Body paragraphs built around textual evidence
- Reminder to include page numbers for quotes and paraphrases
- Guidance on providing a conclusion that doesn't just "repeat the introduction"
Depending on the age group, this organizer can be completed in a single period or over the course of several days. Whether your students are strong or emerging writers, this organizer will help make your writing workshops more effective and easier to manage!
This outline organizer can be used in conjunction with our Thesis Web. Use the thesis web first to help students develop their thesis and topic sentence.