The five pillars of Islam are the foundational acts/practices that Muslims perform. This product introduces students to the pillars via slideshow with interactive lecture, note taking, and an assessment where students read primary source quotes from the Quran (Islamic holy book) to match with the 5 Pillars of Islam.
~ No Prep ~ Answer Keys Included ~
* 2 pages of background information for teachers
* Student note page (to use during interactive lecture)
* Completed note page (to use as an answer key or to provide for absent students)
* Using Primary Sources Assessment
* Using Primary Sources Assessment Answer Key
* Slideshow with color photos and descriptions of each pillar
* Page of suggestions for teachers - Discussing Religion with Students
This product assumes that students have been exposed to Islam as a monotheistic religion, but does not rely on additional background knowledge about Islam.
Check out these additional Middle East/ Islam products from Set Course with Mrs Rutters:
Mosques: Learning About Islam (slideshow, interactive lecture, color photos, game/assessment)
Middle East Mapping (make a political map and a physical map of the Middle East)