Also included in
- Celebrate poetry all year long with this bundle of 20 poem studies and 20 poetry analysis flip books filled with 80 engaging analysis tasks. There are four units in all. The units are grouped for each season. Each unit focuses on 5 seasonal poems with 5 sets of 5—page interactive flip books. Tha$23.99$27.96Save $3.97
- Help students learn critical skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking this November with this bundle of resources. This bundle includes five resources that perfectly pair together, celebrate the time of year, AND help students learn a ton of skills in just 20 days! The best part? It’s a$32.99$37.95Save $4.96
Celebrate the autumn season with five autumn poem studies in this hands-on and engaging 5-day poetry analysis unit. Each fall poem study includes a 5-page interactive flip book that helps students deeply understand the poem. As students progress through the analysis tasks on each page of their flip books they not only dive deeper into the text, but they also develop an appreciation for closely reading poetry. Your students will love the interactive flip books and you’ll love how engaged students are while analyzing poetry.
Great news! DIGITAL VERSIONS INCLUDED!
All 5 of the poetry analysis flip books are available as a Google Slides resource for students. In addition to the PDF version, students can complete the flip book pages via a file sharing service such as Google Drive, Google Classroom, or in the internet “cloud.” The digital versions of the poetry flip books are accessible from any computer and allow students to complete their work online.
Quick Poetry Unit Overview:
- Includes 5 different poem studies all about autumn. Poems are written by diverse authors.
- Students complete a five-page interactive flip book as they analyze each poem.
- Lessons are easily adaptable to small group or partner work.
- Lessons encourage repeated poetry readings to develop deep interpretation and comprehension.
- The unit can be taught in succession or broken into individual lessons throughout the year (or spring season).
This detailed unit includes:
- 20 close reading and analysis activities that can be assembled into interactive flip books
- Detailed instructional lesson plans
- Teacher keys for all student worksheets
- Multiple links to download, print, and/or type all 5 poems
- Styled pages for printing poems (optional)
Poems included in this unit:
- “Autumn” by T. E. Hulme
- “Neighbors in October” by David Baker
- “Something Told the Geese to Fly” by Rachel Field
- “Autumn” by Emily Dickinson
- “Falling Leaves and Early Snow” by Kenneth Rexroth
IMPORTANT - The poems are NOT included in this resource. However, multiple links for each poem are included. You will be able to easily click, print and/or type each poem. You'll find 5 template pages for each poem included in case you would like to coordinate the poems with the analysis tasks. Super easy!
Skills developed in this unit:
- Close reading of complex texts
- Making inferences
- Identifying rhyme scheme
- Determining central ideas or themes in poetry
- Interpreting figurative language
- Responding to poetry
- Citing textual evidence to support poem analysis
- Writing analyses with sufficient evidence
- Participating in discussions and expressing ideas about poetry clearly
Common Core Learning Standards addressed in this unit:
- RL.1, RL.2, RL.4, RL.5, RL.10
- W.9, W.10
- L.1, L.3, L.4, L.5, L.6
- SL.1, SL.6
EXCITING NEWS! This set of poetry analysis interactive flip books is part of a Year of Poetry Analysis Flip Books Bundle! The bundle includes 20 poem studies, 20 flip books, and 80 analysis tasks. You’ll find sets of flip books for SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN and WINTER. Learn more about the Year of Poetry Analysis Flip Books Bundle HERE!
Find other seasonal poetry flip books here:
You might also like...
- Poetry Writing Unit (11 Days)
- Figurative Language Unit
- Reading Comprehension Skills - Mini-Unit Bundle! Cause and Effect, Context Clues & Sequencing
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction