This is a packet of five essential reading forms that every classroom needs.
1. A Book Sign-Out Sheet - This makes borrowing and returning to your classroom library simple and efficient.
2. Student Reading Goal Sheet - Offers a place to record reading level, identify an area that needs strengthening, develop a plan for improvement, and record data collected from student conferencing.
3. Weekly Reading Log (with Guide Words and Journal Space) - Provides a place for students to record and reflect on daily reading. Guide words provide structure for weaker writers.
4. Weekly Reading Log (without guide words or journal space) - Similar form as above, but for stronger writers. It is not as scaffolded.
5. Student Reading Record - This forms provides students a place to record their writing. It allows them to record the essentials (title, author, date started, date finished), and also rate/comment on the book. Excellent tool to allow students to look back on their reading progress at the end of a quarter.