Your students are going to love this hands-on approach to learning about 5 regions of the United States including landmarks, tourist locations, regional climate and landforms! Resources include a LINKtivity digital learning guide, a student flipbook (printable or digital), answer key, a rubric, student directions, and teacher guide.
This LINKtivity introduces the 5 regions of the United States (Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and West).
Take your students on a virtual road trip around the United States, stopping at some popular tourist destinations along the way! For each region, there are slide in the LINKtivity to show the states in the region (includes a map), the average climate of that region, the lay of the land (landforms and bodies of water) as well as selected cities and landmarks of that region (3 destinations per region). The LINKtivity also includes links to kid-friendly videos and websites that will help enhance the students' understanding of each region. Students even go on a tour using Google Earth to see some locations up close and personal! Students will enjoy real-life photos and videos throughout the LINKtivity.
While using the LINKtivity, students will complete a flipbook (printable or digital) to highlight the information that they learned in the LINKtivity.
To view the LINKtivity, you will only need access to the internet.
The LINKtivity can be used as a whole class by projecting the guide on a SMARTBoard or white board, or even as individuals by using personal tablets, iPads, chrome books...etc.
In this download you will receive:
- A for using this resource. All resources can be downloaded directly from the teacher guide for easy access.
- A (accessible in any internet browser)-- The guide is loaded with hyperlinks to allow students to easily navigate around the guide by clicking on different images and text. Through the LINKtivity, students will also be lead to related, kid-friendly videos to help enhance their learning! (YouTube access is needed for videos, however, videos are not essential to learning content). Audio support is also available to have text read to students - perfect for English language learners or students who could benefit from extra support.
- A (printable & digital versions available!) with pages to record important information about each region as they learn from the LINKtivity.
- An to go along with the flipbook.
- A to help assess the flipbook.
Complete the LINKtivity in one sitting, or split up the LINKtivity to have students explore one region each day.