5 Senses Activities & Bat Activities Driving My 5 Senses Batty Bat Craft
The writing prompt “Driving My 5 Senses Batty” is an interesting and fun way to reinforce the 5 senses, which in turn helps students be more descriptive in their writing.
You’ll love the versatility of this bat packet; as a variety of options make it easy to diversify your lessons for various abilities, grades & skill levels.
Because the bat (batty-themed) topic is something that students easily identify with, they will be excited to get down to the business of writing!
As always, patterns come in black & white for students, as well as full-color, so that teachers can quickly & easily make an example to share. I’ve also included my completed worksheets as a real time saver.
Samples not only help explain things, but act as a catalyst for excitement.
Anytime I add a bit of craftiness into our writing block, my students are engaged and focused from the get go, which is why I designed a “cave topper” as well as a “bat dangler” to add extra fun & pizzazz to their writing worksheet.
Completed projects make a striking bulletin board or hallway display, so I’ve also included 2 posters to enhance things.
Be sure & check the PREVIEW for lots of samples.
- A bat cave with & without text, with 2 patterns to choose from for different cutting abilities. This graphic is glued to the of their writing prompt paper.
- A bat “dangler” which will be glued to the of their worksheet.
- A “Five Senses” writing prompt worksheet, which come with & without lines, as well as with and without labels ( hear, smell, see, touch & taste ).
- A “definition poster” to your lesson.
- A “Going ‘Batty’ Over Great Writing!” poster.
- For additional writing, I’ve also included 3 different “bat papers” to choose from, which you can use to assign other writing prompts for, or perhaps use for an acrostic poem, bat facts, bat vocabulary or whatever else you think of.
- A bonus extension about the for the word “batty”, with an extra writing prompt, which can be done as a whole group, with a partner or as an individual assignment. Great for early finishers or homework too.
- These activities would be fun for the week of Halloween or that "something different" on party day too.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you & your students will go batty over learning. Wishing you a fun-filled time of it.
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.