Animals are a popular theme with my students, they particularly enjoy stories featuring a popular cat character.
With that in mind, I thought it would be fun to learn about, and practice the 5 senses with a cat theme.
The packet includes an "Itty Bitty" My Cat booklet, as a fun way to reinforce the 5 senses as this cool cat sees, hears, smells, & tastes things as he moseys along.
(When you pet him, how does he feel?)
Children color their cover, complete the prompt by writing one or two words of what their cat saw, heard, tasted etc. then draw a picture.
Encourage older students to write short, but descriptive sentences and turn this activity into an emergent reader.
When students have completed their worksheet, they cut out the pages, put them in any order they want, then staple them to the cover of their booklet.
There are pages with word prompts for K-1, as well as ones with picture prompts for PK kiddos.
Besides the booklet, the packet also includes:
* A colorful cool cat 5 senses poster.
* 2 “Label the cat’s senses” worksheets, with write-in, or cut & glue options. There are 2 size choices as well.
* For more practice, students can also think of one more thing their cat could see, hear, smell etc. and write those answers on the bookmark-size worksheet.
* There’s also an “I listen with my whole body” classroom management poster, as well as one for students to color.
* As with all of my products, I include a completed sample, so that you can quickly & easily make an example to share with your kiddos, to help explain what you want them to do.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you a purr-fectly wonderful year.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click the green star button to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.