This unit contains 3 levels of emergent stories that will meet the need of all of your young students. All 3 stories have a "Five Senses" theme. Each reader comes in a small black-line student reader as well as a larger colored version of the story. These stories will be great shared reading or guided reading selections for your classroom.The literacy activities provided are great as a follow-up to the story. All activities can be used during your workshop time to support skills important for young readers - sight word knowledge, beginning sounds, letter recognition/writing, sentence structure and decoding words. This unit will be a great addition to your students' literacy development. Ready to use in your classroom tomorrow with little to no preparation.
1. My Five Senses (level 3) emergent reader: blackline and larger colored version
2. My Five Senses (level 2) emergent reader: blackline and larger colored version
3. My Five Senses level 1) emergent reader: blackline and larger colored version
1. Labeling: 2 class versions and 1 student version, comes in boy and girl
Simple Sentence Match: 2 levels
a. I can …
b. I can… (more descriptive sentences)
2. One Page Sight Word Stories
a. I can See – word missing from text – students will cut and paste word.
b. I can Hear
c. I can Smell
d. I can Touch
e. I can Taste
f. Senses– We see with our – picture missing – students will cut and paste the picture.
a. Beginning Sound Sort: Hh vs. Tt and Ss vs. Ff
b. Letter Formation Sort: H vs. T, h vs. t, S vs. F, s vs. f
4. Letter Writing Activity Sheet: Letter Hh, Ss, Ff, Tt
5. Read, Match, Stamp and Write: sight word practice – 2 pages
6. Rainbow Writing: sight word practice – 2 pages
7. Build a Sentence
a. We can see kids playing.
b. We can hear owls go, “hoot’.
c. we can smell the flowers.
d. We can taste the ice cream.
e. We can touch the bunny.
8. Senses Sort: See, hear, smell, touch, taste