Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- A few of the card sets have other activities and some partner poses (but not all).This bundle includes yoga pose & movement cards for the following Eric Carle illustrated books: The Very Quiet Cricket, The Grouchy Ladybug, Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too?, Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See$31.00$44.00Save $13.00
- This MEGA BUNDLE of children's yoga poses will change the way you teach your class (for the better!) You'll have yoga cards and other activities for many of the most popular themes in early education. Bringing yoga into your classroom can dramatically change the dynamic of your class. It's an educat$149.00$224.00Save $75.00
- Who doesn't love Eric Carle* books? The beautiful illustrations and simplicity of his stories really speak to both children and adults. Bring a new element of learning to your lesson plans with yoga! Studies have shown that teaching during movement helps strengthen learning, improve memory and retri$59.85$85.50Save $25.65
If you are looking for activities to go with some of your Eric Carle books, you came to the right place! I love Eric Carle books so much -- the topics (both educational and emotional) as well as the artwork make his books some of my favorites for my Yogalore classes. There is so much in this bundle I don't know where to start!
This bundle includes yoga pose & movement cards that follow along with Eric Carle books: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Mixed-Up Chameleon; Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?; Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?; and Slowly, Slowly, Slowly Said the Sloth. (Brown Bear, Brown Bear... and Polar Bear, Polar Bear... were both written by Bill Martin, Jr. but illustrated by Eric Carle).
Each set of cards has the yoga and movement poses that loosely follow along with the stories. Some card sets have a sensory activity as well.
Be sure to read each description of each resource and look at the individual previews to make sure you are aware of what all is included with each card set. Some pose card sets have an entire Yogalore lesson plan from start to finish with all six components of my curriculum. Some card sets include a short guided visualization for the Rest & Relax component we do at the end of Yogalore classes.
These are great resources to keep on hand even if you don't incorporate them into your regular lesson plans. For preschool and kindergarten, they are great to have on hand for sub lesson plans.
I can't say enough about yoga. Yes, it's what I do, but I wish every classroom had yoga incorporated into their day. The benefits are many (I will list the benefits further down along with suggestions for use and ways to organize) and the children really respond to the movement. I think yoga is also a bonding activity that can help your students interact with each other, whether you are teaching in person or remotely.
One thing that I have had teachers tell me about using these yoga pose cards remotely is it has been wonderful for engaging younger children who have difficulty engaging remotely, but also it has allowed parents and siblings at home get involved with the class!
Regardless of how you integrate yoga into your day, it can be a game changer. Using yoga that actually is part of your lesson plan, like these card sets are nice just for a change in the day. It's something different and we all know children need to move. You don't have to have any prior yoga experience to be able to uses these cards effectively with your students.
Having classroom physical activity breaks helps children learn. It doesn't have to go along specifically with a theme -- just the movement itself is beneficial.
Sorry to go on and on -- I am very passionate about what I do and love sharing it with others. Thank you for coming to visit this resource.
Suggestions for Use:
1. For physical activity on a rainy or inclement day
2. As a break between tests or focused activity
3. As a focusing activity prior to testing
4. Time filler between activities
5. A lesson plan for a substitute
6. A "just in case" activity to have on hand
7. For a class-motivating activity; end-of-the-day activity
9. For a more one-on-one activity, in a therapeutic setting
10. As a family activity to do at home
Ways To Organize:
*Keep them uncut and put in sheet protectors (this is what I do -- I print 16 on a page and use them at-a-glance during my classes, but I also have a set to use with the children)
*Cut and store in a recipe-type storage box
*Cut and keep on a ring for easy access and usage
*Cut and laminate for durability
*You can also download to your tablet/mobile device to always have on hand in addition to/instead of printing.
Yoga has so many benefits, including but not limited to:
*Relaxes and alleviates stress
*Builds self-confidence and self-esteem
*Increases physical activity
*Builds strength, balance, and coordination
*Increases ability to focus
*Increases body awareness and overall muscle tone
Studies have shown that teaching during movement helps strengthen learning, improve memory and retrieval of information and increase motivation and morale!!!!
*****Printing Tips & Options*******
Each card is approximately 3.75"W x 4.75"H in size (designed for 4 cards fit on a standard 8.5" x 11" piece of paper). That being said, you can adjust the size in your printer settings to customize the cards for your needs.
You can print more on a page for smaller cards (drop down menu in "More settings" where it says "Pages per sheet") and it will give you other options for how many cards you would like on a sheet.
If you have a question, please contact me -- I'm happy to answer any questions or clarify something.
Farmers' Market/Gardening/Vendor Dramatic Play
Spring Theme Yoga & Movement Cards
The Grouchy Ladybug: Yoga & Movement Cards
Bug/Insect Theme: Yoga Pose Cards, Lesson Plan, Activity Sheets & More BUNDLE
Safari Theme: Yoga Pose Cards, Lesson Plan, Posters & More BUNDLE
Copyright © 2021 Yogalore, LLC. All rights reserved by the author. Permission to copy for single classroom/personal use only. Do not redistribute. Copying ANY part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act