Enhance your students' understanding of the basics of poetry and poetic devices by using this Poetry Lap Book from The Resourceful Teacher.
Includes the Following:
- 6 Lesson Plans
- Lap Book Teacher Instructions
- Student Worksheet Activities
- Answer Keys
- Students will be able to define poetry.
- Students will be able to give examples of poetic devices: onomatopoeia, personification, alliteration, and rhyme.
- Students will be able to define that a poet is a person who writes poetry.
- Students will be able todefine “analyze.”
- Students will be able to analyze various types of poetry.
- Students will be able to identify their favorite poetic device to use when writing poetry.
- Students will be able to identify poetic device(s) used in poetry.
This product is part of my - Poetry Writing Unit
Written for 3rd grade but could easily be adapted for 2nd or 4th.
Can also be used for reteaching / reengaging and extra practice.
Download the preview to check it out!
DON'T MISS THESE FREEBIES!
- Context Clues Anchor Chart
- Context Clues Graphic Organizer
- Speeding Tickets
- Using Commas Center
- Sentence Types Interactive Notebook
- Teacher Binder Calendars
OTHER GREAT PRODUCTS:
- Behavior Documentation Forms for Teacher Binder
- Bridal Shower Activities for Students
- Classroom Jobs Lanyard Tags
- Facebook Page Worksheet - Back to School
- Fully Editable Teacher Binder with Updates - Polka Dots and Chevron Theme
- Physical and Chemical Weathering Demonstration and Science Experiment
- Reading Rubrics / Reading Evaluations Bundle
- Science Units Bundle - Examining Cells, Classifying Fingerprints, Sound, and more!
- Spelling Test Paper (25 words)
- Step up to Writing ELA Bundle
- Step up to Writing Resources
- Step up to Writing - Writing a Personal Narrative - ELA Bundle
- Student Observation Checklist 1 - Teacher or Administrator
- Tale of Despereaux Unit - ELA Reading Comprehension , Vocab, and more!
ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 50% OFF FOR MY FOLLOWERS!
Look for and click the ★ GREEN STAR ★
next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time I debut a new product or FREEBIE!
If you would like to get updates on new and current resources...
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- Tweet me on TWITTER
- Collaborate with me on PINTEREST
Have you ever thought of selling your own products on Teachers Pay Teachers?
to sign-up and start making money!
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
English Language Arts, Grammar, Writing, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Worksheets, Lesson Plans, Student Activities, Notebook, Lesson Plans, Worksheets, Interactive Notebook, Poetry, Poem, Lap Book, Lapbook, Poetic Devices