Review elements, compounds, and mixtures with a fun but simple game activity!
NGSS MS-PS1-1 MS-PS1-8
This document provides 50 test review question cards. Pairs of students ask each other the questions on the cards to prepare for a test, or as a general review. Questions cover the topics:
- smallest unit of elements (atoms) and compounds (molecules)
- differences in the characteristics of pure substances and mixtures
- distinguishing between diagrams of elements, compounds, and mixtures
- recognition that compounds have characteristics properties
- the basics of molecular models
This document contains 5 pages of question cards (50 questions total), plus one page of ice-breaker type questions to add a touch of fun (these additional 10 cards can easily be left out), and a page to print on the back of the cards to make them double-sided. (If you are like us and like to keep it simple, you only need to print the 5 pages of questions.)
This resource is very straightforward versus "frilly". The cards are not decorative. They are black and white, so you do not need a color printer.
INCLUDES AN ANSWER KEY
For more related resources, check out the Pure Substances & Mixtures Section of Our Store!
Need something different?
Search all of our middle school science materials in Our Entire Store!
Easy to follow, effective, and always standards-based.