Create an information-filled book with your students about their home state!
For years I have assigned this project to my students, and every year they are so excited to work on it! With all of the changes in curriculums, I've found that this project is a great way to help meet some of your Core Standards in writing, while the kids are loving every minute. I have very few, in most cases just one example of work to share with you because they always want to keep them.
This project is designed to actively involve all members of the classroom, and combine creativity, research, writing skills, and teamwork to create a final book of all of the students’ work that they can show off at the end of the year.
It fits in really nicely with a U.S. Geography curriculum that focuses on knowing more about the 50 States.
This download includes:
- Explicit instructions on how to make the project work in your classroom
- Templates of final illustration and caption sheets
- The worksheet that the students compile all of their research on
- A list of suggested (and time tested) resources
- A list of expected criteria (rubric)
- A “Revision Steps” hand out (referenced in expected criteria
- Examples of previous student work
I hope you enjoy it! Please let me know if you have any questions! :)